Saturday, July 28, 2007

Things That Make Me Smile--Insane Batman

Sometimes, like today, I just have a really crappy day. But I can always cure myself with Things That Make Me Smile. Today's edition: one of my favoritist covers ever.


I mean--just look at it!! Batman on an insanely high chair--with a Bat symbol(!) and a complex control panel (what do all those buttons do?)--and a giant robot slave killing superheroes for him!!! Are the enough exclamation points in the world?!?!


Best of all, though, is the laugh. This laugh would give the Joker the willies. It starts out with the half-scream "EEEYA" and goes on to finish in "HAHAHA!" I vote that as the greatest laugh in the history of comics. And it's trotted out right there on the cover for you!

But even better: This is not a hoax or dream. This scene ACTUALLY occurs inside the comic. No, really!! Look:



OK, so Batman's laugh is delayed until the next panel, and on it's face it's a seemingly more mundane "HA HA HA HEE HEE HA HE HE!" But he does get to personally declare, "I'M THE KING OF THE WHOLE WORLD!" Plus, unlike the cover, we've got Zatanna's dead body to join the others.

And to prove that this all really happened, just look at the title to this epic:


SPOILER ALERT: Batman isn't really King of the World. The JLA really aren't dead. Batman gets better.

But for the really strange thing about this issue, see my next post...

Cover and panels from completely insane Justice League of America #87

1 comment:

MarvelX42 said...

The picture of the "title" that you included reminds me of "Land of the Lost"