Sunday, February 3, 2008

Things That Make Me Smile--Life Was Better in 1968

Clip and saveCartoons until 2PM Saturdays? That's right--2PM!! And none of that educational crap, either!!

The freakin' Herculoids?!?

The Archies!! Just for Chris Sims!!

The Wacky Races--this was the first meta-series, man...the Countdown of Hanna-Barbera 1968!!

Johhny Quest!!

Moby Dick and the Mighty Mightor??? Look it up, kids!! Look, the dexcription of Mightor alone should convince how great Staurday mornings used to be: "Caveman Tor was given the power to transform into the super-powered Mightor by a hermit, using a super-powered club. With his pet flying dinosaur, Tog, he protected his village from evil-doers." And don't forget Moby Dick: "Teenage boys Tom and Tub were rescued by the great white whale Mody Dick after a shipwreck. Together with their pet seal, Scooby, they faced the dangers of the undersea world."

Go ahead, kids. "Tear this out and carry it with you everywhere." Why not deface a Silver Age comic book, just so you can pull out this list at 3PM on Thursday afternoon on the school bus? Because you can never tell when you might need to know what time Shazzan! is on...

Oh, and it's not exactly the Green Lantern oath, but c'mon, this'll get the blood stirring, right?

It was much better than Cats. We will see it again and again.C'mon!! You're stirred!! Admit it!! Seeing Superman, Batman and Robin drone on zombie-style IS exciting!

Ahem....

Did I mention cartoons until 2PM?

2 comments:

CaptainAverage said...

Oh, how I wish we could get those kind of Saturday mornings going again. I was a kid of the late 70s/early eighties, and I'd wake up at 6:00 so I could catch all my favorites. Nowadays, is it a change in my appreciation, a change in the quality of today's cartoons, or a combinatoin thereof, that makes me disappointed with the offerings these days. I'll say it proudly, if there were good cartoons, I'd get up at 6:00 to watch them! I'm sick to death of Power Rangers and Pokemon. Ah well, just have to catch what I can on Cartoon Network.

snell said...

Dude, don't dis the Power Rangers!!