Monday, January 12, 2009

Manic Monday--Tony Stark, Dark Knight

Iron Man, in the debut appearance of his red and gold armor:

Uhhh...I wouldn't bother about that, Tony...
Uhhh...no it won't.Oh, I guess Marvel criminals are also a cowardly and superstitious lot, huh?

How exactly is that supposed to go, Tony? "Oh my gosh, I can see infinitesimally more of Iron Man's eyes than before!! His expression of disapproval so frightens me!! I surrender!!!"

Comic book billionaires sure are into instilling fright, aren't they?

Iron Man plays Psycho Pirate in Tales of Suspense #48 (1963), courtesy of Lee, Ditko and Ayers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Tony was so hell-bent on instilling fear, he should have picked a different color scheme.

chiasaur11 said...

Fear Tony Stark's ANGRY EYEBROWS!

Sea-of-Green said...

It's the TEETH, man! I tell ya, it's the TEETH!