Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Night Fights--Joplin Style!!

Time, my friends, for another one of my Friday Night Fights specialties--Man-on-animal-action!! (Fact: I'm still the #1 Google hit for "man-on-animal action." Life is good.)

And, we have to combine that with one of my other recurring motifs, Master of Kung Fu.

And then we have to wrap it all up in music, because Spacebooger has declared that this is G7: Fight Music!!

Hmmm, how am I making to make this all work?? Let's see, Fu Manchu must have something hanging around one of his old fortresses...

Yes!! All right, take it away, Janis Joplin!!

I guess I’m just like a turtle
That’s hidin’ underneath its horny shell.

Whoa, whoa, oh yeah, like a turtle
Hidin’ underneath its horny shell.


But you know I’m very well protected —
I know this goddamn life too well.

Oh! Now call me mean, you can
call me evil, yeah, yeah,

I’ve been called much of some things around,
Honey, don’t ya know I have!

Whoa, call me mean or call me evil
I’ve been called much of some
things, all things around,


Yeah, but I’m gonna take good care of Janis, yeah,
Honey, ain’t no one gonna dog me down.

Shang-Chi risks salmonella by fighting a giant-ass turtle in Master of Kung Fu #125 (1983), by Alan Zelenetz, William Johnson, and inks by Mike Mignola.

Lyrics to Turtle Blues.

And the "video":




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, you're the George Foreman of the Friday Night Fights. You're got an uppercut that'll sink ships.

But, whoa, when PETA gets ahold of you for bringing out these scenes to the common e-community, you know they're going to try to whittle you down to the Pee Wee Herman weightclass.

But, hey, you're the great Snell, what've you got to worry about?

But torching a turtle???!!!

That's just wrong. Really, really wrong.

And how does the narrative justify flaming up this majestic creature? Oh, yeah, right, he's "living testimony to my father's mad genius for biological experiment." All those evil things we can extinguish his life for: he's seed of a demented dad, there's something mad and scientific in it all, and he's, well, "living," I guess. All grand reason enough. :-)

Comics . . . (eye roll)

Turtles are sacred animals.

But, sick or not, boy, did you find a great tune to append this sickness to.

Another strong flurry of punches, Snell. This isn't the uppercut that sends your opponent's mouthpiece across the ring, but you've had those before and you're getting closer once again . . .

snell said...

Well, Lawrence, the turtle was trying to kill him without any provocation.

Sea-of-Green said...

Ha! I love the Turtle Blues -- and the entire, classic Cheap Thrills album. :-)

Are you sure that's an actual turtle, or is it really Gamera slumming it in a Marvel comic? ;-)

snell said...

Ha! Mock not the power of Fu Manchu!! He scoffs at your "Gamera"!!!