Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Why The Vision Is Radder Than You Think--Chapter 1

The Vision is radder than you think.

For reasons I've never been able to explain, The Vision has always been my favorite Avenger.

Sure, he came out virtually simultaneously with Red Tornado, in a Swamp Thing/Man-Thing situation, in a nearly identical story (bad guy creates android to destroy heroes, android turns on villain and joins heroes), so he never gets the proper props.

And yeah, the cold, emotionless android also happened to come on the scene when cold, emotionless Vulcan Spock was the rage, so again the Vision is sadly dismissed as derivative.

But I'm here to tell you that the Vision is radder than you think.

And you know who agrees with me? Roy Thomas and Barry Smith, that's who. Because they're hip enough to ask the question:

Like I said, the Vision is Radder than you think...to be continued....

Super-Freak-Out Vision from Avengers #66



No comments: