Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Inevitable, You Know

Well, since Broody Superman is going to be "walking the country," you just know he's going to encounter this guy walking the opposite direction:



I can hear the brief conversation as they pass:

"Hey, David."

"Hey, Kal."

"Find your cure yet?"

"Nope. Find America yet?"

"Nope...anything interesting up ahead?"

"Nah, just a crooked concert promoter who really shouldn't have made me angry. Anything cool back your way?"

"Just a town full of aliens. I already rousted them."

"OK, then. Good luck getting in touch with the common man."

"Hey, thanks. And good luck avoiding that reporter. I'm married to one, and I've been avoiding her for well over a year now..."

Then Broody Superman can encounter this guy...

...at least at the ends of seasons 4 and 8.


Then Broody Superman can run into Dr. Richard Kimball...

...and architect David Vincent...

...and of course he'll bump into Tod and Buzz on Route 66...

Broody Superman--a Quinn Martin production!! Just don't forget to use that "Lonely Man" theme from the Hulk at the end of every issue...

8 comments:

Wilfredo said...

Nicely done! However, you forgot Bronson from the Then Came Bronson series.

snell said...

Sorry, just just wasn't room (or patience from me) to include every "guy wandering America" show from the 60s/70s...there were an awful lot of them.

MOCK! said...

Awesome! I'll stand and begin the slow clap....

Mark Engblom said...

Sounds like you're as excited for the Coast to Coast Contrition Walk as I am.

What is it with these Baby Boomers and their "finding America" fixation? I'm at the very tail end of that generation, so I've had a lifetime of sitting through these navel-gazing socio-political sermons.

Snell, your theory about DC and its handling of Superman (in regards to their lawsuit with the Siegel clan) is starting to become more and more plausible. You wonder if dull stories like this are designed to make Superman so boring, so marginal...so....NON-SUPERMAN....that the character (possibly) turned over to the Siegels will be "damaged goods" and virtually unmarketable.

It's called "poisoning the well".

I, Warren said...

If he met Lee Van Cleef as "The Master" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086756/) I would buy the DC Archive Edition hardcover. In triplicate.

snell said...

If Timothy Van Patten shows up, too, than I'm on board, Warren.

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Actually, I have America. It's in the back of my closet somewhere, along with the Superman comics WORTH reading.

chiasaur11 said...

Aww.

All I got is an incomplete, banged up Ontario. I mean, it's something, I guess, but...