Thursday, January 27, 2011

No, Mister Barnes, I Expect You To Die!

When last we checked in with the trial of Captain Bucky, artist Butch Guice unmistakeably borrowed actress Lisa Edelstein as the model for the never-before-looked-anything-like-this character of lawyer Bernie Rosenthal.

Well, this week, Guice continues to prove that there's no long-established Marvel character that he cannot make resemble whoever is on his TV at the time...this time it's evil psychologist Dr. Faustus:


Gert Frobe?? Goldfinger?? Really??

I can't decide whether I should be irked by the awkward trace job of the very first picture when you look up Gert Frobe on Google Images (at least he flipped the picture first...), or if I should be awed by the inspired casting (although, given previous portrayals of Faustus, Sebastian Cabot would have been a better choice, if you ask me). Maybe both.

Stay tuned, campers, to see what celebrity image Guice pilfers next for a Captain America story!
See if Guice can summon sufficient artistic imagination to do a close-up of a major character without basing it entirely on whatever DVD he's playing that day!

5 comments:

Sleestak said...

Also appears he ganked a lot of Colan Daredevil for that issue.

I, Warren said...

so we should expect to see him in the James Bond/Hulk issue? ("Name Hulk.....Hulk Hulk")

Martin Gray said...

Suddenly I wish I were reading this book - I've no idea why Bernie Rosenthal would be at the trial of Bucky. Has she blown his glass balls?

snell said...

Bernie Rosenthal became an attorney a ways back, Martin...

Martin Gray said...

Good Lord. Ta. I suppose she works with Foggy Nelson - it's the law.