Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Still Again, I Was Completely Robbed Of The Greatest Childhood Ever By Uncaring Parents!

My parents obviously wanted me dead.

Just look at the example of young Bobby, crusin' the hood on his nifty wheels:


D'oh!! Whatever to do?

Well, there's one perfect solution:

Yes, we're talking about the...

How super was this siren??

"Real police sound"!! But will Mom go for that?

Hells yeah!!

So...

You know, there is no possible downside to having every preadolescent boy in the neighborhood having a Super Siren with real police sound, and blasting that thing every single time they were about to cross a driveway. No possible downside whatsoever.

My parents obviously wanted me to be hit by a car and die...There's no other reason I never received my own Super Siren...

This ad appeared on the back cover of Action Comics #485 (1978)

3 comments:

SallyP said...

Aw c'mon, that driveway is only ten feet long...how much speed can he possibly build up? At best, it would be a simple maiming.

But I'm sorry you never got a siren.

Martin Gray said...

That's one siren I'd throw on the rocks.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I had one. Got my parents to buy it for me on the basis of THIS VERY AD!!! And when I was six, that siren was frakking cool, man. At least I think it was. Hmmmmm....