Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Comic That Told You Your Patriotism Is Only Valid If You Have A MySpace Account

This weekend, every issue of Marvel's Civil War is on sale at Comixology for 99¢. Every issue of the series, every one-shot, every tie-in series, every cross-over, all of it.

Now, no matter what you thought of event, there were some good nuggets here and there.

Just as importantly, there were some pretty bad ones. And 99¢ is a pretty cheap price to help remember history, lest we are doomed to repeat it.

Because, as we watch reporter Sally Floyd "interview" the defeated surrendered Captain America, we must never forget...






Civil War: Frontline #11 is The. Worst. Comic. Book. Ever.

And good call on the MySpace, Paul Jenkins...

10 comments:

Siskoid said...

"The country *I* love is TERRIBLE, and that's why I love it!"

SallyP said...

This always drives me into a frenzy of rage. It's like kicking your grandfather for Pete's sake! The man fought Hitler! Give him some respect!

notintheface said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
notintheface said...

"Well, gosh, Sally, if it weren't for 'idealists' like me, you'd be watching YouTube, looking at MySpace, and reading about Paris Hilton....in F**KING GERMAN!"

Siskoid said...

Notintheface: I give your comment ++++Patriot Points.

CalvinPitt said...

I read that, and then I think of all those Spider-Man issues Jenkins wrote that I liked, (I loved the gang of mimes), and I wonder how it's the same guy.

Not that it matters, I refuse to believe Steve Rogers wouldn't have kept up on baseball enough to know who won the last World Series.

Servo said...

What I hate even more is that while Sally is giving him the "pop-culture lecture," they drew Cap sitting there with his shoulders all down and hands in his lap. C'mon now; now you're just being mean.

notintheface said...

Thank God this comic came out in 2007 instead of now, otherwise we would've had to endure Sally Floyd lecturing Cap how America is about Honey Boo-Boo.

SallyP said...

Oh GOD no!

Kelly Sedinger said...

I think this should end with Cap standing up and reciting Kevin Kline's speech from A Fish Called Wanda, culminating with "Without me, you'd all be speaking GERMAN! Singing 'Deutschland, Deutschland, uber alles!'"