Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Night Fights--I Say Thee Nayyy Style!!

A promise is a promise.

Last week, I said that if I won Friday Night Fights, I would show you part two of the titanic fight where the Destroyer killed Thor.

Well, thanks to your votes I won. So here we go!!

When last we left this story Thor was dead. D-E-A-D. Dead.

See?

Well, good news...it turns out that he was only mostly dead!

There's some discussion of whether that's due to one of the Scarlet Witch's hexes, or a super-secret super-duper plan of Odin's. But whatever the cause, being only mostly dead allows Thor to head back to the land of the living.

In the meantime, however, the Avengers had their butts kicked pretty thoroughly by the Destroyer, by George:














So there's that.

Spacebooger would like to know why Thor didn't just do that in the first place...

Thor's amazing resurrection is from Thor #2 (1998), by Dan Jurgens, John Romita Jr., and Klaus Janson.

Now is the time for you to go and vote for my fight. Why? Keep the streak going, bro...keep the streak going. So go and vote!!!


1 comment:

SallyP said...

Why didn't Thor do that in the first place?

Good question.

I assume he used to do it all the time, but the other dimensions were getting pretty fed up with him dumping bad guys in their neighborhood, and complained to Odin, who told him to knock it off.