Monday, September 8, 2014

Manic Monday--The True Source Of Blame For Everything Wrong With Comics Today?!?

A letter printed in Superman #28 (1970) has a very important question:

So it's all Doris Koehler's fault!!

Seriously, I thought no one out there was eager to see Luthor transformed into a mass murderer. But nope, I guess Silver Age Brainiac and Luthor just weren't "evil enough" for children of the 60s.

But what did DC have to say in response?

Wisecrack or not, DC just admitted that the only reason Superman's two biggest enemies weren't racking up huge body counts before was because of the Comics Code. No Code, and Luthor can kill astronauts and assistants and guards named Otis and...

I never thought I'd miss the Comics Code...

2 comments:

ShadowWing Tronix said...

I say we track Doris down, make her she was she's done, and see if she's sorry about it.

ShadowWing Tronix said...

Or make her SEE what she's done. I R writor